Lake Travis Golf Courses and Country Clubs
The Hills Country Club sets a standard of excellence for country clubs in the Austin area. No other private country club in Central Texas boasts four challenging golf courses, including an 18-hole Nicklaus signature course and an 18-hole Nicklaus-designed course, a renowned tennis and fitness center, impeccable dining facilities and superior service in a relaxed, friendly environment. A three-hole practice facility with par-3, -4 and -5 practice holes, and multiple driving ranges and putting greens top off the Club’s vast array of golf amenities.
The World of Tennis Sports Complex is home to the Club’s 16 outdoor tennis courts, two climate-controlled indoor tennis courts, fitness facility, men’s and ladies’ locker rooms, Kids Court, recreational swimming pool, and a full-service spa and café.
Private courses in the South Lake Travis area are all part of The Hills Country Club, a Member of the Club Corp family and include:
- Live Oak
- Flintrock Falls (designed by Jack Nicklaus and Jack Nicklaus, II)
- The Hills Signature (designed by Jack Nicklaus)
Public courses in the South Lake Travis area include:
- Falconhead Golf Club Just west of Austin, Texas stands Falconhead Golf Club with a course that truly rises to meet the promise of its handsome site in the famous Hill Country of Texas. This is perfect land for golf, and Falconhead is the perfect layout for the Austin landscape. From our knobby oaks and cedars to our rolling hills to our creeks and ponds, we have a golf course that stands above others in the area.What makes Falconhead particularly special is that it was laid out by the PGA Tour Design architects so you can be sure that every inch of the layout measures up to the exacting standards of the PGA and that the course will offer you the same kind of quality golf that the pros experience. We invite you to experience one the best courses in Austin golf.
- Pedernales Golf Club aka Willie Nelson’s Cut-N-Putt
Each of these golf courses offers something special. Architects of the PGA Tour Design laid out Falconhead Golf Club, which guarantees that it is an outstanding all around course.
The Hills Signature and Flintrock Falls courses were designed by Jack Nicklaus. Jack Nicklaus II also designed the Flintrock Falls course.
Live Oak Golf Club has been serving the community for more than thirty years, and they have everything that makes a golf course a great place to visit. The course is beautiful and fun to play.
At the Pedernales Golf Club, you will find a nine-hole course that is just a short distance from the Pedernales River. It is a relaxing and fun place to visit that many enjoy because it is so different from the traditional country club. Another name for the club is Willie Nelson’s Cut-N-Putt, and the entire course has a sense of humor about it that other country clubs are lacking.
The Spanish Oaks Golf Club is one of the top private golf courses in the entire state. The 18-hole course is a blast to play and the golf club features everything a golfer could want, including practice areas, a short game area, a putting green and practice range, and even comfort stations located along the course. Some of the club amenities include dining, catering, a golf shop, a pool pavilion and a fish camp.
The University of Texas Golf Club is a stellar course. Designed by Bechtol Russel, the 7,412-yard championship golf course is one of the premier places to play in the Austin area. The private club, located between Lake Austin and Lake Travis, features a variety of amenities, including a 3,400 square-foot clubhouse, dining areas, a fitness facility, a fantastic clubhouse and even a Walk of Fame.
If you are looking to improve your golf game, there is no better place in the nation than the Academy of Golf Dynamics. The Academy is recognized as one of the best in the nation for golf schools and instructors by Golf Magazine.
- The Academy of Golf Dynamics is the first site ever designed and constructed specifically for learning to play better golf.
- They don’t offer teachers who have been hired to just teach every student the same theory over and over again. Your skill level, goals, outlook, temperament — even the way you receive, process and retain information are used to create a learning program for you.
- Their experienced golf professionals analyze your individual needs to help play your best. The Academy’s team of PGA Teaching Professionals is the finest and most respected in the nation. Each has years of experience, a keen eye for diagnosing golf swings, and excellent teaching and communication skills.
- The Academy complex has a 500-yard learning center with target greens and three championship golf courses.
- On the teaching course, instruction takes place on real fairways, bunkers, roughs, and greens. Under the watchful eyes of Teaching Professionals, you can test your skills under actual course conditions without the pressure of other golfers playing through. For more information, visit www.golfdynamics.com.
Lake Travis Golf Resources
Academy of Golf Dynamics
Daybreak Boat Rental, Minature Golf + GemStone Mining
The Hills of Lakeway Country Club