Lake Travis ISD
The 6A Lake Travis Independent School District serves the growing area of Lake Travis, located approximately 20 miles west of Austin, Texas. Originally a component of the Dripping Springs ISD, Lake Travis ISD was formed on June 12, 1981. At that time, 541 students were enrolled in grades K – 12. Since then, District enrollment has increased to approximately 10,387 students (as of Octove 2017) in nine campuses that cover 118 square miles. The schools that are a part of the LTISD include:
• Bee Cave Elementary School
• Lake Pointe Elementary School
• Lake Travis Elementary School
• Lakeway Elementary School
• Serene Hills Elementary School
• West Cypress Hills Elementary School
• Hudson Bend Middle School
• Lake Travis Middle School
• Lake Travis High School
Thanks to more than $321.5 million in voter-approved school bonds since 2004, the schools have modern, excellent facilities, and students excel in both academics as well as extracurricular activities such as athletics and fine arts.
Recent accolades include:
• LTISD was named to the College Board’s 6th Annual AP District Honor Roll for increasing access to AP course work while maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP exams.
• Lake Travis High School is consistently recognized as one of “America’s Best High Schools” by Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report for how well teachers and staff prepare students for college.
• A record 43 seniors at Lake Travis High School earned recognition by the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program.
• Hudson Bend Middle School was named a 2014 ‘Texas Schools to Watch’ for academic excellence.
• Lake Travis Elementary School was named a 2011 National Title I Distinguished School for innovation in helping students achieve high educational standards.
• LTISD earned a Platinum Leadership Circle Award from the Texas State Comptroller’s Office in recognition of the District’s financial transparency
• LTISD received a four-star rating on the Financial Allocation Study for Texas, a report which examines the relationship between spending and student achievement among districts and campuses statewide.
• For the 13th consecutive year, LTISD received a rating of ‘Superior Achievement’ under the Texas school finance accountability rating system.
• Lake Travis High School earned the University Interscholastic League Lone Star Cup for team performance in district and state championships during the 2011-2012 school year.
• Lake Travis has won 32 state championships since the start of the 2007-08 school year. That includes seven individual state champions in academic events, five football state championships and a mix of others in golf, swimming & diving, tennis and volleyball.
• Since 2007, Lake Travis High School has garnered 24 team and individual state championships in University Interscholastic League athletics and academics as well as in a wide variety of extracurricular clubs and activities.
If you’re moving to the Lake Travis area, you’ll want to read more about the other excellent educations options that Lake Travis offers,